Thursday, May 10, 2007

When It Rains It Pours

Oh, what an appropriate pun!

MORE rain last night and more expected today. Seeing Horse's feet makes my stomach turn. The thrush is rampant and he still doesn't want to go in to his run, which is the only way access to his stall. I am thinking of buying some sand this weekend and filling his run myself. It is only $2.50 a bag or so. I can get 400lbs for $20.00.

And the punny (ah-ha!) part? I finally have someone interested in the half-lease, we set up an appointment for Sunday the other day, and since I have had several inquiries. I'm just trying to set appointments as I go, keep the people updated on hi availability. Who knows, maybe I'll wind up with two half-leases, and I'll wind up only riding once a week! I don't know if that is good or bad? On one hand, it will save me tons in gas money. My fitness might not keep up with him, but then again I am about to begin commuting by bicycle. It defeats the purpose of owning a horse, but I do not see this as a long term arrangement, just one to carry me through my impending financial transition.

Oh, I don't know!

No comments: