Friday, May 11, 2007

How do you get rid of rats?

Over and over again board bills have notes at the bottom, "Make sure you remove all trash from the property. It will give the rats less to munch on;" "Take home your blankets, it will keep the rats from snacking;" etc.
I have a great idea of how to get rid of rats. When you spill oats in my tack room clean them up instead of leaving them all over the floor. I know that the rats are enjoying these as tasty treats because I found the husks on top of my saddle next to the rat droppings. THANKS.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Hi, I found your blog through Bridlepath. I am a fairly new rider and horse owner and love to connect with others, particularly those with good grammar skills. [:o) Horse is lovely. My horse is 7 but she's had the last 3 years off as well and we've just got her back under saddle.

I know what you mean about rats; I recently requested that my tack trunk be moved out of the tack room it was in because I couldn't stand either the smell or the scurrying noises any longer.