Wednesday, November 12, 2008

 I've never been known to keep up well with my writing, I apologize.
 Like all of the others, the half-lease didn't last long. The woman leasing from me works in the financial sector, and when the shit hit the fan there her life got very complicated. I understand, but it still sucks. Just before that I had to move the horse to a new farm with very short notice when the woman I boarded with sold her property. We wound up returning to a place I boarded a few years back. I love it there, though previously (when I had two horses) I couldn't afford it. The horse is happy, but he is very slowly working his way up the hierarchical ladder within the herd. Right now I make it out to ride 1-2 times a week, usually just once a week. I am pretty disappointed in myself, but it is 20 minutes further out, so it's pretty out of my way to try and get out there after work during the week. I am hoping that once I settle into my new job, and get my finances straight I will be able to afford some lessons. It's been quite a while since I've had any, and I'm sure I am making some pretty sloppy mistakes these days.

1 comment:

EquineMan said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. It sounds like you have had alot of trials in your horse endeavor.

You will prevail and one day soon I am sure you will have it all worked out.

I hope it becomes easier for you to get out and ride more as we all know it is very therapeutic and would do you well.

thanks for sharing. Happy trails

Ron
horses for sale