Sunday, May 17, 2009

Paparazzi - I We had a rough winter. Faux Pas, my horse, had the worst bout of discomfort and lameness yet with the cold weather. I eventually switched up his supplements, and added devil's claw to the mix as an anti-inflammatory. It has helped a great deal, and now with warm weather and more regular work he's at about 98%. Again, I have changed our warm up routine, and now we trail ride first, for about 30 minutes to get some blood flowing before we move on to trot work. Since he's still out of shape I'm really only focusing on trotting right now. Once I've built up his strength and stamina we'll work on more.
 I can't tell if this is just an obstacle to work around, or if I just have an older horse now with limited abilities. I suppose time will tell. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I work for a marketing firm based in Lansing, Michigan. We're currently promoting a $100 gift certificate towards Silver Lining Herbs www.silverliningherbs.com a horse and dog supplement supplier to in turn try and get equine enthusiasts to sign up for Silver Lining Herb's newsletter.

Breeches said...

Thank you for this blog. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something thats eye opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, youve covered so many bases. Great stuff from this part of the internet. Again, thank you for this blog.